> 3) target volume in `Resource` format: this may not be possible for any
CSI volume because the implementation could change certain metadata, so we
did not take this approach.

Can you expand on this? 3 looks like the best approach since it's
idempotent and doesn't require that clients compute diffs. It also seems to
suggest the potential for a single RESIZE rather than two different
operations?