In the interest of doing our due diligence, have you studied any prior art?

For example, I was surprised to notice that htcondor doesn't really provide
this as a first class thing:
https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/htcondor-users/2006-
November/msg00024.shtml

I didn't see it in any other systems I looked at either, with people
suggesting wrapping commands with the 'timeout' command. I suspect most
systems have the user do this on their own with a simple timeout wrapper
script?