Norman Maurer wrote:
Hi Emmanuel,

you said:

* you forgot to release the buffer once processed.

So using the TextLineProtocolFactory why would I need to "release" the
buffer ? I thought this get done already..
Hmm, you are right.

I may have confused the length (1) of the badly encoded data with the buffer length.

What puzzle me is that we don't get the exact position the TextLine decoder is starting to decode something. The way it's suppose to work is that the decoder is called when the delimiter is met (\n), and then pass the buffer to the decoder. Here, the first lines of text seems to be correct ASCII, and we have to go past a few of them before getting non-ascii bytes...

IMO, the exception message must be improved...

cordialement, regards,
directory.apache.org