It's rather simple and still useful IMO.
You just define the path of your (new) component in the according
build.properties (now called codegen.properties) and run one of the
targets generate-single-api-component, generate-single-impl-component
or generate-single-components-component depending on what kind of
component class files (API, Impl or Tomahawk) should be generated
("injected").
The generation seems to be broken after the reorg. I will have a look
on that soon. Next week I'm on vacation, so it will be second week of
August.

-Manfred