Write a program that takes the JSF 1.1 and 1.2 docs, identifies the
docs that are NOT identical to JSF 1.1 docs, and creates a patch for
those that are the same.

Then you should have a significant amount of the javadocs without
using any JSF 1.1 docs :)

Then it's just a matter of writing docs for things that have changed.
 I'd probably try to get as early a snapshot of the JSF 1.2 stuff as
possible so the least amount of changes have occurred.