There are a couple reasons I went down that road,

1: at first, when trying to get things working, it was much easier to
be able to directly access the component in javascript. I wanted to
get this working without having to deal with unknown id's, and then
come back to get it working for those cases.
2: If you reference the components in javascript by their derived id,
for example:
var component_form1:subview2:table3, javascript pukes, as would java
or any other languages.  This could be avoided I'm sure, but it was
something that was occuring.
3: I have to make it work for forceId anyways so that I can access the
components from javascript in a deterministic way.

Travis