On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 14:39:23 +0100
 Manfred Geiler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 facesContext.getExternalContext().log();

And, of course, it will be too late. Because, when JSF 2.x is out, we will already have thousands of commons-logging calls in our code. ;-)

Would it not be infinitely better to create a thin MyFaces internal wrapper around Commons Logging, to keep the dependency in a single place, instead of thousands...?

Regarding Commons Logging, take a look at this article:
http://www.qos.ch/logging/thinkAgain.jsp.

The article is from 2002, but I assume many of the arguments are still valid.

Harald