Why wouldn't aliasBean work as a commons project component?   I
haven't looked at the implementation, but at first glance of the docs,
it doesn't seem to do anything renderkit-specific.   I looked at the
renderer implementation and it simply looks like its being used as a
callback hook back into the component, and it's not doing any
rendering.