Yes, this is perhaps another reason why this might best be placed
under Tomahawk.

We already have a Tomahawk sandbox in place for both Jdk 1.5 and
pre-1.5.   Once a sandbox component is ready for promotion, part of
the evaluation could be deciding if it should go into the
works-with-anything commons project or the less-compatible Tomahawk
project.