Well, I think there's probably enough difference between the two goals
that we do need to separate projects, even though it contributes to
the "Yet Another MyFaces Subproject" quagmire.   At least it's a step
in the right direction since we're looking at merging common code
rather than futher separation.

Let's leave the components -> api dependency out until such time that
it's explicitly needed.