On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Andrew Robinson <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/MyfacesBuilderPlugin
>
> Is this supposed to be a solution to the code replacement? I don't
> recall any vote to achieve a resolution on how to go about the code
> generation. From what this looks like, it looks worse than the current
> trinidad plugin. Embedding data in javadoc is really awful IMO.
>
> Or am I mistaken and this is just the tomahawk code builder?

This wiki is the idea that Simon proposed for code generation in a more
concrete presentation based on the comments on the mailing list and the
starting code proposed on.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/myfaces-build-tools/branches/skitching

Actually, I have worked a lot with myfaces-faces-plugin (older trinidad
build), I have full component generation for tomahawk 1.1 and 1.2 ready for
commit, and really I think that myfaces-faces-plugin is a great tool (clear
wiki, easy to understand and make it work, but sometimes a little bit
complex doing uncommon tasks). If it was my decision, I will continue using
myfaces-faces-plugin, commit tomahawk, upgrade components from sandbox and
release.

It's clear that all solutions proposed for this issue (Code Generation)
sucks more or less. You're right. There is not a vote about what should be
the direction to take yet, but it's unclear how to manage this (at least I
don't know what to do in this case when some developers thinks very
different).

suggestions about what to do are most welcome

regards

Leonardo Uribe