On 6/4/08, Leonardo Uribe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  * @JSFJspProperty name = "message" inheritedTag="true" returnType =
> "java.lang.String" longDesc = "alternate validation error message format
> string"
>   */
> public class CSVValidator extends ValidatorBase
>
> Inheritance of properties for converters and validators are not supported
> (in my concept there is no sense to allow this, but if there is a strong
> reason we can study the impact and change it), so all properties defined on
> the parent (in that case ValidatorBase) should be defined again with
> inheritedTag="true".

I guess I'd have to disagree that there's no sense in allowing
inheritance of properties on validators and converters.  The original
goal of the ValidatorBase class was to provide a message properties to
all subclasses.

Why would you extend a validator or converter if you weren't planning
on using the same properties of the parent?