I'd recommend not migrating t:validateEqual across to myfaces-commons.
  t:validateEquals is a special case of t:validateCompareTo, and, if I
recall correctly, the code in validateEquals is not as flexible as the
code in validateCompareTo.   There's no point in maintaining the
inferior limited version in the reorganization.