Agreed, I was only thinking of one parameter: A parameter to turn the entire
StartupListener off.

I look at it as a binary thing. Either the developer chooses to go with the
flow with no custimization, OR he chooses to customize everything.

I.e. org.apache.myfaces.DISABLE_FACES_SERVLET_AUTODEPLOY = true (default
false)

I think this will cover all use cases, where some may require a bit more
configuration, but still work...

/JK