Hello everyone,

One of my clients has been having an issue where MyFaces (2.2.3) is
throwing a ViewExpiredException if you have a scenario where you have a
primary view with a DataTable and the user repeatedly selects a record
(which issues an Ajax request) launches a popup window (with pure JS using
window.open), and closes the popup window. The problem was
that SerializedViewCollection wasn't taking into account how recently a
view had been accessed before allowing it to be expired. So even if the
user just clicked on the primary view 1 minute ago, the algorithm would
still remove the primary view even if it had slots filled with for popup
windows that were accessed several minutes ago.

This problem appears to be fixed in 2.2.7. I suspect it might have been
fixed with MYFACES-3938 or MYFACES-3936. From looking at the code, I'm not
quite sure how though. Can someone shed some light?
___

Kito D. Mann | @kito99 | Author, JSF in Action
Virtua, Inc. | http://www.virtua.com | JSF/Java EE training and consulting
http://www.JSFCentral.com | @jsfcentral