John,

1. +1 to mesos-dns aware
2. all tasks deployed by mesos are already in mesos-dns.  so all the nm are
there (we should make sure they have good names.
3. the RM is not usually started with mesos… if it was it would also be listed
in mesos-dns, however a process started outside mesos is not currently added to
mesos-dns.  At some point mesos-dns will allow for out of band server
registration… but it isn’t there today.
4. I would like to see multi-yarn clusters on mesos supported with
multi-myriad.  Each myriad would managed it’s cluster and would register with a
unique framework id.

ken