> 17 авг. 2015 г., в 9:28, Adam Bordelon <a...@mesosphere.io> написал(а):

> Evgeniy,
>
> Thanks for trying out Myriad. Sorry for my delayed response. Just got back
> from vacation.
> Have you "flexed up" to add any NodeManagers to your YARN cluster?
> See
> https://github.com/mesos/myriad/blob/phase1/docs/API.md#put-apiclusterflexup
> <https://github.com/mesos/myriad/blob/phase1/docs/API.md#put-apiclusterflexup>

Yes, that was the reason task was stuck in SCHEDULED state. Now I was able to
run wordcount example successfully.
But to make it complete, I had to flexup with 1 ‘large’ instance. I think its a
bit overkill for such simple task with 2 map jobs.
As I understand, YARN operates in terms of vCores, and each Job consumes at
least 1 vCore + 1 for AM.
When I run pure YARN, I can declare NodeManager has vCores = 2xpCores, so I can
allow more parallel jobs which are not CPU hungry.
With Myriad it looks like 1 pCore from Mesos == 1 YARN vCore and I have to
allocate so many CPUs from Mesos, is it so?
Is there a way to set how many YARN vCores maps to 1 Mesos CPU?

Thanks for your help!

Eugene

P.S. Can I subscribe to dev@myriad list too? Couldn’t figure it out from Myriad
Incubator page..