To add to the previous - in case of work preserving NodeManager we would also
need consistent port assignment in case NM restarts.

      From: yuliya Feldman <yufeld...@yahoo.com>
 To: Dev <dev@myriad.incubator.apache.org>
 Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 12:34 PM
 Subject: [DISCUSS] Using defined ports versus provided by Mesos

Hello there,
I wanted to discuss usage of hardcoded ports instead of ones provided by Mesos
as a resource.On master branch - probably due to significant code refactoring
we pretty much do NOT allow any ports (range resource) that is NOT provided by
Mesos.
Earlier on we could have "reserved" ports (of course they might be taken for
whatever reason) and do not reserve them via resource "materialization" to
Mesos, but now we don't.It is quite inconvenient sometimes for at least JHS.
Wanted to get everybody's opinion on what we should allow.
Thanks,Yuliya