Hi Sophie, *,

Sophie Gautier schrieb:
Hi Rafaella,
Rafaella Braconi wrote:

Hi Sophie,

(...)

Regarding the German Help review project in particular the Community has followed the instructions as posted some time ago on the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list (see posting on L10n Help Testing / Linguistic Review). This gives you the possibility of checking all Help files following the hierarchic structure.

Thanks, I have installed the patch to get help id, but I was interested by the workflow the german project used and how they organized their team too.

ok... I try to specify it...

First, we tried to find a team, which is able to review the online-help. The reviewers needed to have knowledge about at least one of the modules (Writer, Calc, etc.), if possible not only in OOo 2.x but also in 1.x, so I asked on our users mailinglist for help, too. Experience in filing issues was not important for that, because it is very easy to file the help-issues as we had proper instructions for that.

We now have a team about 9 community-members, who read all of the 2236 (!) online-help-files and this work still goes on. We divided the work in sections and the more experienced reviewers assumed the responsibility for every section and organized the teams.

Still in progress is the review of writer and basic and we have to review calc again, because this part was basically checked for spelling mistakes, not regarding the content.

We read all the files checking
- spelling, grammar and phrasing
- formatting
- correct UI-strings
- changes from 1.x to 2.x

So we had to compare the descriptions with the UI, not only regarding the correct strings, but also regarding a possible changing of the functionality. In cases of doubt we additionally checked the specification documents.

In case of mistakes which occured because the functionality changed from 1.x to 2.x we checked the english online-help, too.

The reviewers filed the issues in l10n/helpcontent and assigned it to iano and me. Regina and I confirmed the issues. When it was foreseeable, that we have so many issues, Rafaella decided, that Berit Bonde and Sven Klawitter help fixing them directly in the database.

For organising the review in detail we used a wiki:
http://ooowiki.de/ReviewOnlineHelp

If the reviewers had concrete questions, they could ask on our qa mailinglist and in our german irc-channel.

Short before our visit in Hamburg I asked the reviewers some questions about the review, how we can optimize the process and so on. Together with a small statistic I resumed the answers here (only in german, sorry):
http://de.openoffice.org/files/documents/66/3184/Review_OnlineHilfe.pdf

Regards,

Jacqueline

--