Hi Devs,

I am facing issues in loading jars required for plugins while running Nutch
in local mode.

I am doing the following :
1. add a dependency in <some-plugin>/ivy.xml
2. ant clean runtime

Now, when I print the classpath before running, the /bin/nutch script does
not seem to be adding those jars on to the classpath and throws runtime
exceptions. To mitigate this I added the dependency in the root ivy.xml.

I don't know if I am missing something here or anyone else has faced the
same issue and found a solution.
For example -
https://github.com/apache/nutch/tree/master/src/plugin/publish-rabbitmq,
the dependency for amqp-client had to be added in the root ivy.xml as well
for it to not throw runtime exceptions (ex - ClassNotFound)

I have a created a patch which modifies the ./bin/nutch script to load the
plugin jars onto the classpath which is attached below. This patch
eliminates the need to modify the root ivy.xml for plugin specific
dependencies.

I wanted to ask the devs first if there was already a solution before
filing a JIRA issue. If not, I'll submit it through JIRA.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Sujen Shah