I have been using GetSSL (https://github.com/srvrco/getssl) instead of the old Let's Encrypt ACME client. It's fairly easy to extend with shell scripts to get challenge files in the correct place. I have not used DNS challenges.

I just noticed that the README says "If you use puppet, there is a GetSSL Puppet module by dthielking."

        Richard

Jacques Le Roux wrote:
Hi,

Today I noticed our Let's encrypt certificate renewal failed. So I asked
help on Infra Hipchat. It's a known issue and actually easy to fix.

For history and possibly future need, here the discussion I had with
Chris Thistlethwaite:

[4:14 PM] Jacques Le Roux: Hi, we have an issue with let'sEncrypt
certificate (3 months, right?) renewal for OFBiz demos:
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org
I remember we had that already, but did not find a request into my
closed infra request.
So I guess I asked for a solution here and did not note it
[4:15 PM] Chris Thistlethwaite: most likely in here :)
[4:16 PM] Jacques Le Roux: yep, but too late for history I guess
[4:16 PM] Jacques Le Roux: BTW we are Pupettized if that helps :)
[4:19 PM] Chris Thistlethwaite: @jleroux fixed!
[4:19 PM] Jacques Le Roux: Great stuff @christ :) What was it?
[4:20 PM] Chris Thistlethwaite: we have a bit of an issue with
letsencrypt renewals as the renewal process tries to use port 443, which
httpd is bound to, thus it fails. Work around is to stop httpd, run the
renewal, start httpd back up
[4:21 PM] Jacques Le Roux: I should be able to do that myself on our VM,
right?
[4:21 PM] Jacques Le Roux: Mmm not sure about "run the renewal"...
[4:21 PM] Chris Thistlethwaite: you have sudo on that right? if so then
yeah
[4:22 PM] Chris Thistlethwaite: check the cron job for root
[4:22 PM] Jacques Le Roux: Yes sudo I have
[4:22 PM] Jacques Le Roux: OK I note that, thanks !
[4:22 PM] Chris Thistlethwaite: np, hope we have that fixed before it
needs renewed again
[4:22 PM] Jacques Le Roux: yep, let's see ;)

FWIW (I did not try myself)