Thank you so much Michael for your input and suggestion :)

This will work, but I still feel suggested proposal could be a good
improvement we can have OOTB.
What do you say.

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 1:11 PM, Michael Brohl <michael.br...@ecomify.de>
wrote:

> Hi Swapnil,
>
> you can achieve this by just putting something like:
>
> <@renderSubContentCache subContentId="${yourContentId!}"/>
>
> in your template file for the corresponding screen and edit the content
> like you proposed.
>
> This solution does not support the fallback mechanism you proposed but
> does not require any code changes.

We have explored the code base, the implementation on contentId at
ProductStoreEmailSetting, will not required heavy code changes.

> Best regards,
>
> Michael Brohl
> ecomify GmbH
> www.ecomify.de
>

> Am 11.08.17 um 08:01 schrieb Swapnil Mane:
>
> Hello Devs,
>>
>> While looking into the support of email templates for Product Store, we
>> found it is managed by screens.
>>
>> Like for Order Completion
>>
>> <ProductStoreEmailSetting
>> bodyScreenLocation="component://ecommerce/widget/EmailOrderS
>> creens.xml#OrderCompleteNotice"
>> emailType="PRDS_ODR_COMPLETE" fromAddress="ofbizt...@example.com"
>> productStoreId="9000" subject="OFBiz Demo - Your Order Is Complete
>> #${orderId}"/>
>>
>> Here you can see, we are having dependency on screens (i.e. templates
>> defined in file system)
>> Due to this, the user is unable to edit the email template on the fly.
>>
>> We can enhance this mechanism by making the template as content driven.
>> Here is the design plan,
>>
>> We can extend the ProductStoreEmailSetting entity by contentId field.
>> While rendering email based on its type, if the contentId is present, this
>> content will render, else system will look for bodyScreenLocation (our
>> existing implementation)
>>
>> Using this we can leverage the CMS capability of the OFBiz.
>> Right now if end user (client) wants to make any change in the email
>> template, it required the changes in the file.
>> If we manage this by content, the user can edit this on the fly with the
>> help of CMS.
>>
>> All the inputs and suggestions are welcome!
>>

>> - Best Regards,
>> Swapnil M Mane
>> www.hotwaxsystems.com
>> www.hotwax.co