Hello,

I just wrote a simple component for that adds clojure nRepl support for
OFBiz. This allows people to use clojure to interact with OFBiz and do
all sorts of nice things.

It also opens a lot of possibilities for improving the developer
experience.

Please let me know what you think about this. It would be great to have
it upstream (not in this form).

I would love some help on how to properly develop a plugin. I have a lot
of ideas on how to use clojure for more productivity and interactive
development.

You can see a demo of the plugin hereĀ  https://youtu.be/XXxJDZRzu_E .

You can see the plugin source code here:
https://github.com/netdava/ofbiz-clojure-repl .

I believe the OFBiz development experience can look like this:

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkJX9ciI5aM&t=1824s
* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs44qdAX5yo

## About ofbiz-clojure-repl plugin

Uses [jvm-breakglass](https://github.com/matlux/jvm-breakglass) library
to start an instance of nRepl inside Apache OFBiz.
Once we have a Repl inside OFBiz we can connect to it from our favorite
cloujure IDE and interact with it.

Some things that can be done:

* Interact with a running OFBiz instance from a shell like environment
(Repl is better then the shell)
* Prototype functionality and experiment with instant feedback - search
for Repl driven development videos
* Develop services for OFBiz in clojure and leverage all it's wonderfull
properties
* Use data visualization tools like
[Proto-repl](https://github.com/jasongilman/proto-repl) to explore and
do interactive Business Inteligence.
* Desing reports using real data using something like
[Gorilla-repl](http://gorilla-repl.org/)

I've heard that Clojure was fun to write code with and I did not believe
it until I tried it.

Let's have fun developing on OFBiz,

--
Eugen Stan