Hi All,

d...@dlsemc.com has suggested a good solution at OFBIZ-12021. I'll apply it in
a week if nobody is against.

Thanks

Jacques

Le 10/08/2020 à 20:30, Development a écrit :
In /framework/entity/fieldtype/fieldtypepostgres.xml I saw some lines like:

     <field-type-def type="comment" sql-type="VARCHAR(255)" java-type="String"/>
     <field-type-def type="description" sql-type="VARCHAR(255)"
java-type="String"/>
     <field-type-def type="long-varchar" sql-type="VARCHAR(255)"
java-type="String"/>

In postgres, using "VARCHAR(255)" saves no space in the database over using "VARCHAR"
(with no number) or "TEXT", the only difference is that the 255 slows it down with error checking.

Is there any reason on the ofbiz side to not just change this to plain "VARCHAR" or
"TEXT"?  Like perhaps the forms would only display the first 255 characters of it or
something?

Obviously I can do this for my own installation.  I'm asking here cause it
feels like something that should be pushed upstream.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is intended only for the use of the person
or organization to which it is addressed or was intended to be addressed, and
may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or responsible for delivering the message to the intended
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by email and
delete the original message immediately . The sender, its subsidiaries and
affiliates, do not accept liability for any errors, omissions, corruption or
virus in the contents of this message or any attachments that arise as a result
of e-mail transmission. Thank you.