On 05/10/2012 11:51 PM, ash...@apache.org wrote:
Author: ashish
Date: Fri May 11 04:51:55 2012
New Revision: 1337026

Log:
Applied similar fix as we did on trunk r1300463.
On production systems you can't suppress Debug.log( message by the use of
debug.properties file. It is always good to use Debug.* statements that are
having log level setup in debug.properties file. The real problem comes with
Debug.log( statement when you are printing any list or map object that contains
so many records(or data) in it. Here I am changing all the occurrence of
Debug.log( with Debug.logInfo(, Debug.logError( or Debug.logWarning( so that we
can have better control of Debug.* statements on production system. :-)

Bad use of Debug statement. On production system you will get false alarm that
you are having error in code base although the resultant statement is only
giving additional information instead of error message.

If conditional check is used for some debug level lets say "Verbose" then the
containing Debug statement will be Debug.logVerbose() instead of Debug.logInfo() -
Comment from Jacopo and Adrian.

While I don't really care that this set of changes has been applied to 12.04, please revert this change applied to 11.04 and 10.04. It changes external interfaces, what is saved in a log file. It's not a bug fix, but more of a cosmetic change.