Hi Everyone

There has been a bit of work going on in the background regarding how our
releases need to handle external dependencies. This is the first of two emails
to let everyone know what has been happening and also to get community feedback.

While working on re-factoring the trunk dependencies we realised that our
current 13.07 release didn't meet the ASF guidelines for handling dependencies.
Essentially releases must only contain source code and should not include
external dependencies such as jar files.

To resolve this as quickly and simply as possible, the PMC decided to use Ivy
(a dependency management tool) that is already included in OFBiz to manage the
dependencies.

So what will change?

- When you download the OFBIz 13.07 release, it will only contain source code
- You will need to run a script to download the external OFBiz dependent files
(e.g. jar files)
- You compile OFBiz as normal

These changes will also need to be done in all our active release branches
(e.g. 14.12 and 15.12).

We will also be communicating this change to our user mailing list and will be
adding specific documentation to ensure that the everyone understands how
downloading and building OFBiz has changed.

The next steps will be to implement this change and to get our next 13.07
release update out as soon as possible.

Thanks
Sharan