>   Phil, if you need a patch to upgrade OpenLayers to version 1.0.4 of
>   XMLHttpRequest please see
>   http://trac.openlayers.org/attachment/ticket/2625/xmlhttp104.patch

I'm not sure how exactly you apply a patch, so I tried replacing
xmlhttpRequest.js with the .src version in the 1.0.4 patch. No go.

Dies in request.js,
         var request = new OpenLayers.Request.XMLHttpRequest();

Object required. Beats me, but NO this is not a fix
--
Phil Scadden, GNS Science Ltd 764 Cumberland St, Private Bag 1930,
Dunedin, New Zealand Ph +64 3 4799663, fax +64 3 477 5232

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential. If received in error
please destroy and immediately notify us. Do not copy or disclose the contents.