On 12/8/12 8:36 AM, janI wrote:
> On 8 December 2012 00:34, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 5:40 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
>> wrote:

> If I may say so, the disconnect is already in place for the danish
> translation....and I am sure none of us like it. The danish forum has one
> simple solution, download LO. What is better that the people server get
> swammed (which might lead to a change in policy) or users give up !
>

>>> This specific issue has now been solved by invoking policy (so, we will
>> be
>>> able to put builds on people.apache.org but we won't link to them from
>> the
>>> main website), but the problem is not here. The problem is that we have
>> had
>>> a Polish translation ready for months and that we haven't released it yet
>>> (even though recent improvements are really huge and will allow to avoid
>>> long waits in future).
>>
> +1, 2 of the 3 danish volunteers (not including me) have more or less
> stopped working due to demotivation...we have not even been able to provide
> them with a running version to test their work until very recently.

communication is key here and people can ask again and again if nothing
happened in time. We have so many things to do that it is often not easy
to make it right for everybody.

I would like to see everything more automated but even that needs time
and people who work on it.

Andrew and Herbert improved the build bots a lot (ok MacOS bot is still
missing) and you can easy find the result under
http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/

The windows configuration is very close to our release configuration (no
binfilter) and should be perfect for testing of translations.

For the Danish translation for example I have updated Pootle and trunk
immediately after receiving the files. Everybody would have been able to
build it on trunk. Ok some strings are moved now and the translation
needs some tweaks as all other translations as well.

I am also sometimes demotivated because things didn't worked as expected
but I don't stop trying to make it better.

Juergen