Hello

We are working on building AOO for Solaris on Sparc and x86.
There are people out there who would like to see official
builds for these platforms. For us (and our customers), this would also
be a great step forward, and we're eager to do what we can to work on this.

So, here's a few questions / discussion points.

* What are the steps required to promote those builds to be official AOO
builds? Is there an official process?
* What is the process to make solaris a officially supported platform, other than
providing official installers/binaries?

We are currently checking with our customers if we could move to the GNU Toolchain instead of the Solaris-compiler. (One uses a plug-in that is available in binary only.)
This would resolve many build-problems and reduce our effort.

* Is something to be said against moving to GCC on solaris?

Best,
        Jean-Louis Fuchs

--
Adfinis SyGroup AG
Jean-Louis 'Hans' Fuchs, Software Engineer

Keltenstrasse 98 | CH-3018 Bern
Tel.: +41 31 550 31 11