On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 06:00:35PM -0500, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 7:04 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
> <orwittm...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > as we had changed our 'project name' from "OpenOffice.org" to "Apache
> > OpenOffice" it makes sense to reflect this change also in our source and the
> > product based on our source.
> > We had already made some basic and limited renaming - start center, splash
> > screen, ... -, but it is not complete.
> >

> A question: Will this renaming effort also change library/modules
> names at a lower level, so we can more cleanly install as an
> independent app where LibreOffice has hijacked the old names?

The problem with /usr/bin/soffice is not been solved by this change.
Other problems like LO obsoleting OOo packages will go away with the
name change because it implies a package name change (something we
should also do is remove the version from the package name, this is
causing the bug currently that version 3.4 didn't remove previous
versions when installed).

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile