On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 9:43 AM, Samuel Mehrbrodt <s.mehrbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> thanks for the explanation. I read the Document and also the README [1] in
> the Symphony folder. This means, everything in the Symphony folder is
> granted under the license described in that document, even if they have a
> Copyright of IBM in the header like this file [2]. Excluded is third-party
> or Apache OpenOffice Code which has its own license.
>
> Did I understand that right?

The README is not the license.  The license is the signed CCLA form
that IBM submitted to Apache.  The README is a summary of what is in
the CCLA.

In general, the contents of the /symphony tree have not been reviewed
by the AOO project.  They are intended for use by members of the AOO
project who are familiar with their status.  Before files from
/symphony are included in a release of AOO, the project will carefully
review the contents of the release to ensure that the license status
is clear.

-Rob