On 01/02/2013 Tanja Meece wrote:
I so agree with option of being able to remove your profile while deleting,
that is a suggestion worth listening to.

This is a very good idea indeed. As discussed at FOSDEM (yes, we had plenty of technical discussions there!) there is a technical issue in implementing it like this in multi-user environments.

Profile creation happens when a user launches OpenOffice for the first time, and is an individual setting. Uninstallation is a system-wide setting. Profile cleanup is, again, an individual setting and OpenOffice has no way at the moment to do something like "Rename the profiles of all users".

Something like a command within OpenOffice to reset the profile at the next OpenOffice restart could be easier to implement, but less visible. Or we can accept that uninstallation offers to reset only the profile of the user who is uninstalling (provided that this is still the main user and not an "administrator" user he is temporarily impersonating).

Regards,
  Andrea.