This is an early investigation, I'm not familiar with Pootle.
I will check to see if we can create a process to notify translators when
something needs translating, such as their mailing list.
In either situation I think we'll be gaining more translations with less
overhead work. Its an improvement.

Which pages we choose depends on what needs to be completed in each scope.
I say we start with a small scope when we do eventually come up with a
solution.  That way we can go revert if its not working well.  We should
start with the Why page for this reason.

Rob,
If locale specific announcements don't happen often we could consider this.
We could simply announce content for all locales, a conference in Spain
isn't limited to those who read Spanish, or live there.
A language release, isn't limited to a country or set of countries, as
immigrants to other countries could use it.
Am I forgetting any other cases for locale specific announcements?  Plus
its great PR for all locales to hear we're global.
My only concern is if there is multiple locale specific announcements a
week, it may get busy looking, but it doesn't seem like its happening now.

Samer