Dave Fisher wrote on Fri, Mar 08, 2013 at 15:35:31 -0800:

> On Mar 8, 2013, at 1:47 PM, Rob Weir wrote:

> >> Just be careful not to set level too high for volunteers, in my opinion the
> >> mailing list is more than enough, no need for extra layers to complicate
> >> matters.
> >>

> > That's exactly the issue.  The mailing list is so busy that new
> > volunteers get lost, and their patches as well.  And if they toss
> > their patches to bugzilla, the patches can easily be lost there was
> > well.  So the question is whether a dedicated place for patches, with
> > no distracting complications, would be preferred.
>
> If there are volunteers who will do RTC work for new code contributors
> then this might be an improvement to bug tracking.

FWIW, over at Subversion we (a) have a 'patch' label in the bug tracker,
(b) have a volunteer who pings [patch] threads that have petered out
without the patch being either applie or rejected.

http://subversion.apache.org/docs/community-guide/roles#patch-manager

Perhaps one or both of these ideas would be useful here.