On 3/10/13 8:50 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Juergen Schmidt wrote:
>> Am Sonntag, 10. März 2013 um 00:39 schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>>> Seeing the many recent discussions about infrastructure (wiki, forum,
>>> buildbots, Pootle, domains, certificates...) I believe we should use the
>>> report to make a sort of "Infrastructure wishlist". ...
>> how about the suggestion to buy a code signing certificate
>
> Good idea. Let's really try to make a simple list of "What" and "Why".
> This should be considered as a wishlist and not a list of actions we
> demand: we tell the Board what could help in making our project more
> efficient (and we will likely ask Infra to comment on the list before we
> send it); the Board, while allocating resources, can use these
> suggestions (discussions about what budget to use may or may not be
> relevant, but a list of priorities would be fine for the time being).
>
> So:
>
> What: Buy a code signing certificate
> Why [please check!]: This would allow the project to digitally sign the
> convenience binaries it ships, and avoid Windows and Mac OS X warnings
> about unsigned installers.

The MacOSX part is not yet finally evaluated but we need either a valid
certificate and/or a Apple developer ID. The process itself has to be
evaluated.

> What: Acquire a *.openoffice.org certificate
> Why: This would allow to avoid false alarms when enforcing HTTPS to
> browse OpenOffice sites, and give the possibility of secure login to
> wiki.openoffice.org and forum.openoffice.org
>
> What: Allocate budget for additional domains
> Why: This would help in transferring legacy domains to Apache, see
>
> What: Officially support MWiki [remember this is a wishlist!]
> Why: wiki.openoffice.org is an important service to our users, with over
> 15K [right?] pages and many [how many?] users. And we don't want to put
> an additional burden on Infra without getting additional resources for it.
>
> What: Officially support phpBB
> Why: forum.openoffice.org is an important service to our users, with
> [numbers?]. And we don't want to put an additional burden on Infra
> without getting additional resources for it.
>
> Anything else? Buildbots, Pootle?

Pootle: the hardware should be sufficient to work with the server and we
should have enough disk space for ~ 3 OpenOffice related projects. I am
thinking here about stable long term product lines that potentially get
more translations later or important fixes or changes.

Juergen