Hello,

By a request in the forum
(http://de.openoffice.info/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61365), I get the information,
the Issue #3959 was not implemented since 2002, although he has already
received 355 votes.

(Note: the implementation of the issues is not particularly important to me, I
personally have not even voted for it.)

I know it, earlier in OpenOffice, org, not practice was unfortunately votes
cast for issues as direct, binding standard for their implementation to
consider, But how is that today?.

It is clear to me the AOO is created by volunteers who choose their detailed
tasks themselves, but should we not also be a concern comply with the interests
of the users of AOO?
That would not only be of practical benefit to users, but would also enhance
the reputation of AOO, as in the practice oriented project.

Why the latter is important?
I think because of the positive reputation of AOO in public grow the number of
our supporters (sponsors, supporters, developers) will be.

My view:
We should not emulate LibreOffice because LibreOffice may be innovative, but
public statements about quality and consistency of LibreOffice are devastating.
For example, the chairman of the FroDeV spoke (a German association for the
promotion of free software) this publicly recently plain text, see:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.discuss.german/13802
(Sorry only in German)

My questions are:

Are there any agreements which result to have the number of votes for an issue?
Is there some agreement that a high number of votes to be reason, the
implementation of Issues to be considered as a priority?

What is your basic view on this?

Greetings
Jörg