On 3/26/13 7:16 AM, Mechtilde wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We need base with its easy way to connect to databases like mysql
> or postgresql especially under other OS's than Windows.
>
> we ourselves developed an extension based on this funktion for Law
> Offices in Germany
>
> There is no other free Office Suite which had a databse modul which
> you can use therefore.

the valid point is that we need maintainer for this code. Otherwise it
becomes even more buggy and that is even more damaging we don't have
such support at all from my pov. But I can understand your demand for it.

The key point is that we have to focus and I think we can't do
everything. Power users can do probably a lot with extensions using
the core database API's. I don't know for sure I never looked deeply
in the database area.

Juergen