On 2013/05/08 8:25 PM, janI wrote:
On 8 May 2013 20:16, Herbert Dürr <h...@apache.org> wrote:
I'd like to point to the new branch named "rejuvenate01" for advancing
AOO's platform support. The main focus is the upgrade of our codebase. E.g.
the MacOSX platform support had nearly stagnated since 2007 and thus even
getting the build requirements right on a current Mac was becoming very
very difficult and with the rejuvenation it should not only work out of the
box, but make leaps ahead.

This is very interesting....may I come with one small suggestion...I do
understand your choice of branch name, but it would be nice if the name
reflected the work being done...that makes it easier to identify and later
to find (if needed) once reintegrated.

I agree, but since a lot of this stuff had co-dependencies (e.g. 64bit JRE -> 64bit UNO -> XCode4 -> clang -> allows C++11 -> no-stlport4 and XCode4 -> newer SDK) it wasn't easy to come up with a name that covered the different aspects. "Platform refresh 2013" and "rejuvenate" were the only ones that came to my little mind. Maybe I should have asked around more for better ideas. In my defense I mentioned the name "pr2013" as a suggestion for the branch in my 2013/04/09 mail on the XCode4 topic and nobody complained or had a better idea then.

If you need help with testing on ubuntu 12.04 I will be happy to assist.

Thanks! I'm afraid the configure scripts for this target platform are not yet fully in shape for direct building and testing... but as far as I know you that doesn't scare you away in the least :-)

Herbert