On 2013/05/19 12:16 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
On 16/05/2013 Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 03:41:11PM +0200, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
a more generic layout engine for
VCL. Thinking of an extended or modified format to describe dialogs
and include layout info/constraints that are used by the layout engine
etc.
Christian Lippka had this almost finished. I recall the picture from
this thread
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@de.openoffice.org/msg30669.html it had
a side panel defined in xml. It would be interesting to investigate if
the work was done on some private repository in Hamburg, or if it is in
some CWS on http://hg.services.openoffice.org/; and rescue it, avoiding
to reinvent the wheel.
He was also doing a nice job with the svtools::ToolbarMenu in the
toolbar controllers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eO0X_eO6Ww

Christian is an Apache OpenOffice committer and already contributed his
improved color picker to Apache OpenOffice, so if he wants he can merge
his improvements any time.

The video seems to be from the "Renaissance4" CWS, still in HG. I
absolutely don't know whether this CWS contains the layout engine
improvement too, though.

I talked to Christian and he confirmed that the video was from the
code in the http://hg.services.openoffice.org/cws/renaissance4/
child workspace.

He doesn't think that the XML-defined sidepanel work got far enough to be worth picking.

I'm afraid Christian is too busy in his new job to work further on such OpenOffice topics, but everyone knows him to be very constructive and cooperative.

I'm BCC'ing him in case he wants to jump in. Hi Christian! :-)

Herbert