Am Montag, 27. Mai 2013 um 19:47 schrieb Ariel Constenla-Haile:
> On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 06:58:54PM +0200, janI wrote:
> > On 27 May 2013 17:17, Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I would like to discuss our further schedule towards AOO 4.0 and the
> > > problems I see. And I would like to discuss a proposal how to address
> > > these problems.
> > >
> > > We are behind our schedule a little bit and we have identified some
> > > problems regarding the 64bit port on MacOS that I will try to explain
> > > below (hopefully without too many technical details that everybody can
> > > understand it).
> > >
> > > Proposal
> > > ========
> > > - Move MacOS 64 bit version to 4.1 and merge stlport relevant changes
> > > (all platforms) asap into trunk and include them in AOO 4.0.
> > >
> > > - Move into showstopper mode next week, beginning with June 3th. Means
> > > we integrate only showstopper flagged issues and new translations. And
> > > potentially new art work if we get a new logo and icons in time.
> > > Deadline for new art work should be June 10th.
> > >
> > > I understand your motivation and will not be the showstopper. but my
> > honest opion is that the reasons for calling it 4.0 get very thin.
> >
> > Getting a 64 bit release for mac (and possible in linux)
>
> For Linux we already release a 64 bit version, together with the 32
> bits.
>
> > is something (as you write) for a major version and not a minor
> > version like 4.1.
> >

> The bitness is not that important, if I understood clearly, it's not
> like we are dropping 32 bit support in MacOS for 4.1. What might be
> something to think about is the change in the system requirements
> between 4.0 and 4.1; we had unintentionally changed the system
> requirements in Linux from previous versions released by Sun/Oracle,
> this turned into some people saying "you better install LO, that works
> on older Linux distros".

it is not only our decision and we have to react. Apple deprecated API's and we
have to make some changes to be ready for the future. We will still support the
32bit version for older versions. But some of the changes Herbert made will be
available on newer os versions and with the new platform.

Juergen