On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 4:25 AM, Mattias BIK Service <matt...@bikab.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> For christ sake. Every time i trying to download openoffice there is almost
> impossible to find the right download page.
>
> Im from Sweden and and if the current version is not supported by Swedish,
> put a link to an older version then. How hard can it be?
>

> Tired of searching for download links now.
>
> No reply of this mail is needed. I just have to blow of some steem after
> bringing some time on ur website.

One easy way we can improve here.   How about modifying this page:

http://www.openoffice.org/download/

And where it currently has the line that says:

"Signatures and Hashes: KEYS , ASC , MD5 , SHA256 | Release Notes |
Legacy Version"

Change that to:

"Signatures and Hashes: KEYS , ASC , MD5 , SHA256 | Release Notes |
Older AOO Versions | Legacy OpenOffice.org"

And then make "Older AOO Versions" link to the old 3.4.1-era
download/other.html file, which we could resurrect from SVN.

Would that work?

Unfortuntely the legacy directory structure, with its "stable" and
"localized" directories is too weird to point users to directly.

-Rob