2013/8/2 Max Merbald <max.merb...@gmx.de>

> Hi Rob,
>
> I deactivated all extensions an deinstallated the language packs (I've
> still got those in my windows download folder, so I can easily reinstall
> them). Now, even after all them gone some 25 seconds after starting
> OpenOffice the "available updates" button with text is popping up. I also
> did what Roberto told me, checking for updates by way of the extension
> manager, but there aren't any. Next thing I did was removing the extensions
> completely. When I removed the pdf import extension the button for
> available updates vanished rightaway. And when I reinstalled it the button
> did not return.

Thanks for the feedback. Now I understand what happened: that extension had
an invalid version number, something we manually corrected few days ago.
Actually the invalid version number on your client turned on the "available
updates" flag for such extension. Actually to remove such information from
the local cache the only way to go is exactly what you did
(uninstall/reinstall).
It's amazing how classic jokes about computer programming are just
unveiling the truth: uninstall and reinstall just works! :)

Thanks,

Roberto