On 13.08.2013 23:02, Kay Schenk wrote:
On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 12:16 PM, janI <j...@apache.org> wrote:

On 13 August 2013 21:03, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yesterday, I did a dmake clean to start over with my build, and then
proceded with autoconf and configure. I had chagned my ant version a
while
back and this was reflected in my configure call. Much to my surprise,
the
old ant version seemed to be "stuck' in configure's brain, and it took
me a
while to track this down and just delete my existing shell environment
script. Then the configure worked as expected. This was the ONLY change
in
my configure params

Any guesses as to the cause of this?
* Is this a problem with *my* system autoconf or configure ?
* is this how things normally work and we should document this in the
build
I have had similar problems a couple of times.

I used to have "source LinuxX86-64Env.Set.sh" in .bashrc, meaning
environment was set when I ran configure.

After having a couple of strange problem (in my case with epm), I took
"source..." out of .bashrc, so securing that I run configure without the
AOO environment, since then I have not had problems.

Due to my genLang tests, I do configure a couple of times pr week (to test
my build changes).

hope it helps.
rgds
jan I.

instructions ?

  got around it by just deleting my *.sh file and then running configure
again. If I knew more about autoconf, I could just put some code in that to
delete it.  Configure is supposed to create the environment -- part of the
AC_OUTPUT I think, so this is why I asked about this.  In my case, my *.sh
is not getting overwritten but seemingly reused. ????

Deleting the *.sh file when running configure would not have the desired effect. The problem is not that the file exists but that it has been run prior to calling configure. Run configure in a 'clean' shell and you should have no problems.

-Andre

I'm looking at configure.in etc but since I'm not an autoconf guru,
well,
what to do.

MzK

Success is falling nine times and getting up ten."
                              -- Jon Bon Jovi