This is also used on a browser, when you install a new one. Since not many
people have much knowledge into how to select the default editor for the
filetype on the operating system. The easiest way is for the application to
ask if you want to do it for you. That way the user can choose. Is odd that
option only happens on Windows (dont know OSX), but Linux I have to
manually configure this for the desktop environment, and then the browser,
so it was a pain to do it.