On 9/20/13 11:46 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I propose a further RC3 for AOO 4.0.1 based on branch AOO401 rev. 1524958.
>
> I have fixed 2 further serious issues that are important for office
> automation tasks. The fixes are locally and affect only a few places.
> It's mainly my fault and I did some stupid mistakes when I fixed it
> initially. Some tests worked but the tests were not complete.
>
> Anyway we are now preparing the RC3 and it should become available over
> the weekend. The upload is very slow.
>
> We changed also the update Url for better tracking of this release and I
> integrated a further language Turkish which was ready and 100% UI
> complete. But we should keep in mind the translation deadline for AOO
> 4.0.1 was Sep. 6th.
>
> I will be on vacation but Herbert will replace me as acting release
> manager and will take care that the bits are available finally on dist.

I changed the subject and hijacked the thread to announce the
availability of RC3.

There is already a reported translation problem with Basque and it seems
that their are potentially more strings broken for Basque. I suggested a
more detailed review and testing and declined it as showstopper.
Probably others will think different about it. But the reported problem
seems to be in 3.4 already. We had several snapshot builds and a RC1
available since more than 1 week and the question is why it comes up so
late. Building the releases is no fun and a minor change for one
language triggers a long build process and even longer upload.

My recommendation for this and any other translation problem is that the
language community decides if we should release it or not. I also
recommend to test it more in detail to find potential other problems and
fix them. We can discuss a 4.0.2 language update only on demand, I see
Danish and Bulgarian close to be complete.

But I would not postpone the 4.0.1 because it contains some serious
bugfixes that should be available to the public asap.

I will start a vote today and let it up to the community to decide.
Herbert (hdu) will take over the release manager role because I am not
available the next 2 weeks.

Juergen