Our wiki has a lot of documentation on development process, style and
of course the best way to start is by building AOO from source. So
please make sure you are able to consult our Build guide and
experiment with the initial test hacks so you can learn your way
around them. Some are a bit outdated so make sure to advice where it
needs some fixes.

Regardless, here is some of the links that could be helpful:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Uno/Cpp/Tutorials/Introduction_to_Cpp_Uno

Make sure to check back if you face any stops in the process, or just
experience a different output. Remember including your OS/version
compiler, etc.

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor