Hello Pete,

unfortunately OpenOffice does not contain a dtp module. For dtp you may want to use the free software Scribus. You'll find it here:

http://www.scribus.net/canvas/Scribus

A direct import of .pub files into Scribus (or OpenOffice) is not possible because of the proprietary format of .pub but there's a workaround:

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Import_Publisher_to_Scribus

It may also help to get .pub files into OpenOffice.

Please also look here:

http://anne.julienne.org/P2S/Pub2Scribus.pdf

I hope this will help you!

Max