Am 06/22/2014 07:13 PM, schrieb Mathias Röllig:
I like the fresh design of the download page.

So I assembled my suggestions with your proposal in the attached picture.

thanks for the picture by PM.

1. Because there are more than one versions of AOO to download, there is
no version after "I want to download Apache OpenOffice". Instead

Hm, I don't know where you got the screenshot from but on "www.openoffice.org" there is the most recent version shown.

2. The new version alert is placed into the download box.

See #1. Shouldn't be necessary. IMHO also too much text that the user has to visualize.

3. No destroy of the layout by the important message.

Does it really destroy the layout? Seems a question of taste. ;-) I tried to draw it through the complete page and not only above the menu but maybe it's better. What do the others think?

4. "Click here to see who it is" is now not necessary if there will be a
hover "»" like in the other boxes.

I don't understand what you want to reach with this. The user has to click on the link (however it is styled) to get, e.g., more information.

Furthermore, I see the big red exclamation mark. First I also thought about to show a little graphic. But then it would be always visible - also when the text is not negative. Then it wouldn't fit and maybe leads to confusion.

Thanks for you thoughts - even when I fear I haven't understood all of them.

Marcus