yes, first thing, it is better to stick with the default compilers gcc,g++4.6
your Ubuntu 12.04 offers; if you're updating, you have to update both gcc and
g++.
I had a different problem but related to the toolkit module. Since my system
complained about it,  I increased the partition size, where the source is, to
40GB; and built with the default compiler g++, gcc 4.8.2 in Ubuntu 14.04, the
first module that was built was toolkit. Increasing the disk space could solve
this problem.
Moreover, many have got successful builds in Ubuntu 12.04, so it may not be an
issue.
Thanks,
Amali.

On Friday, 5 September 2014, 2:10, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:

On 04/09/2014 zimuzo ezeozue wrote:
> I was using* g++ 4.6*, I updated to *g++ (Ubuntu 4.8.1-2ubuntu1~12.04)
> 4.8.1, *but I'm still experiencing the same problem:

I recommend sticking with the default compiler you have. OpenOffice
compiles cleanly on Ubuntu 12.04, even our Linux buildbots at
http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/index.htmlprobably run on
Ubuntu 12.04. gcc 4.8 should be fine anyway, and build should also work
on the newer Ubuntu 14.04 (with gcc 4.8) since Amali fixed it.

> 1 module(s):
> toolkit
> need(s) to be rebuilt

Let's see if it is a permanent error or just an issue related to
abruptly stopping the build, or out of disk space (I've seen similar
errors from time to time).

For a very quick and brutal test, try removing (or renaming) this
directory: solver/420/unxlngx6.pro/workdir/CxxObject/toolkit
and then go again through the configure, bootstrap, source, "build
--all" steps.

If you still see the problem, please post the exact syntax of your
./configure command: I and others have Ubuntu 12.04 virtual machines and
can see if problem is reproducible.

Regards,
   Andrea.