Il 18/09/2014 09:19, Andrea Pescetti ha scritto:
> On 17/09/2014 Marcus wrote:
>> Am 09/17/2014 09:36 PM, schrieb Vladislav Stevanovic:
>>> Another goog news:
>>> http://www.zdnet.com/another-italian-city-announces-its-ditching-microsoft-windows-for-open-source-7000033682/
>>>
>> sometimes it's going fast. It's already on our homepage in the "Recent
>> News" section. :-)

It's also on Softpedia:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/City-of-Udine-Planning-to-Replace-Windows-with-Linux-458963.shtml

> It's another nice surprise from Italy! I know nothing about the Udine
> migration (I've simply read the this article), but I hope that cutting
> spending is just one of the reasons.

I hope that too; we have seen too many failed migrations to FLOSS sw
because the only expectation was cutting spending.

> I would like that institutions do not behave as ordinary end-users, but
> try to be more actively involved with the community (directly or through
> consultants).

Yes, I think this is also a key factor for a sustainable FLOSS adoption.

bye,
rob